Top 8 DIY Weight Loss Diet Plans that Actually Works
If you’ve surfed your way to this guide, chances are that you’re either experiencing inconveniences in your routine life because of your flabbiness, or are excited to become fitter and enjoy your life better than today. Either ways, we welcome you, and promise that you’ll leave this guide a well informed and enthusiastic fitness enthusiast; that’s because we’ve hunted down the best of the best in terms of recipes, tips, hacks, suggestions, and advices from the world of DIY weight loss programs. So brace up, we are going to take you to a weight loss journey through the route of diet control, and we assure you that it’s got nothing to do with food deprivation, impractical diet plans, or bland foods that leave you hungrier than ever.
What Have We Got for You?
We’ll begin with a coverage of some time-tested, scientific, and proven effective diet plans, tell you some secret recipes of belly flattening drinks, and will wrap it up with a special section on some amazing healthy snacks that you can quickly embrace to fight off those nasty 4pm food cravings.
The 8 Most Amazing and Totally Foolproof Diet Plans to Get Your Life on Track
There are many diets we encounter on the quest for a healthier lifestyle. Some burn us out, some raise us high, some simply do not work: making us wonder, is there anything such a perfect diet? This is exactly what we’re here to answer with our list of the 8 must-try diets that are sure to change your life.
This diet is a favorite with many Hollywood celebrities especially because it pitches it as a perfect way for weight maintenance. Working on the basis of regulating the acid-base levels of your body, this diet incorporates several aspects of a wholesome dietary regime. In general, foods to avoid include anything that can raise the levels of acidity and that includes most forms of meat, packaged or processed food, whole wheat grains and pulses, tomatoes, oranges, and dairy products. In fact, you should also consider avoiding any kinds of caffeinated drinks including coca cola or coffee, as well as alcohol, for this diet to work well for you. So what’s in the good foods list? That would include all kinds of soya based products, most fruits and vegetables.
The Atkins diet is one of the all-time favorites and with good reason too! This low carb and high protein diet has millions of supporters around the world, designed to aid in weight loss when you need it quickly. The key to it is the idea that our bodies process two kinds of energy: one in the form of carbs and the other from fats, so the ideal Atkins diet provides you with minimal sugars so that the body is forced to burn all the extra fat. The plan works in phases so you need to emphasize on certain groups of food at certain periods more than the rest.
- One: Less than 20gms of carbs per day for 2 weeks. Emphasis on high fat, high protein and leafy greens with low carb content.
- Two: Addition of nuts, low carb veggies and fruits.
- Three: More carbohydrates added until weight loss is stabilized.
Also read: How to build best home gym with low budget
The popularity of low-carb and high protein diets is not without its reasons, especially since both the Atkins and the Dukan diet follow phase-wise and similar techniques for weight loss. This plan follows four distinct steps.
- First phase: For five days, stick to lean proteins e.g. chicken, fish.
- Next three phases: Include vegetables, fruits and gradually introduce carbohydrates into your life.
The aim of this diet is to lead to quick and effective loss of weight in such a manner that a calorie counter is rendered unnecessary.
Fat Flush Diet
This diet requires low calorie and low carbohydrate diets that can aid in maintenance of your liver, giving it an added boost to function as a good fat burner. By enhancing the rate of metabolism and creation of pancreatic juices, it leads to better fat burning from regions like hips, thighs, waists, etc. Think of it as a detox formula that comprises of three phases:
- First: two week of cleanse.
- Second: less restrictive diet.
Recommended dietary inclusions are lean meats, eggs , fruits and vegetables (225g approx.), omega 3-rich fatty oils such as flaxseed, spices for metabolism boosting, diuretics (cocktails of husk/flaxseed/cranberry water), gamma linolenic acid supplements, etc. There are some specific rules that apply to this diet such as: restrictions of one protein per meal (except for eggs), no fruits and vegetables in the same meal, fluids only between meals and not with, and food intake every three hours.
The grapefruit diet is amazing because it is made of just simple carbohydrates and high fiber content. The fruit itself has zero fats, very low amounts of sodium and calories, and packs in a lot of Vitamin C for a very effective weight loss program. You can start off with the twelve day grapefruit diet plan that is supposed to enhance the body’s ability to burn fat and thus result in quick, effective and simple weight loss. Obviously, just grapefruit is not sufficient, so here is a list of food items that you can effectively partake of during your diet:
- Bell peppers
- Corn and Cereal
- Leafy Spinaches
- Pretzels (yes!)
The Paleo diet is one of the best and most well-balanced diets that aims to go back to the time of our ancestors and approximate the kind of food they ate. Here is a list of things you can easily eat:
- Organic meats.
- White meats like fish and sea-food.
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy oils like olive, walnut, avocado, coconut and flaxseed.
Things that you must avoid while on the paleo diet are:
- Dairy products.
- Refined sugar.
- Refined oil.
- Processed food.
Rosemary Conley Diet
This is the low fat and low glycemic index (GI) diet that emphasizes on healthy food plans alongside regular exercise regimes. The principle idea behind it is to consume lower than 5% fat in every meal, with exceptions being fishes, lean meats and oats which have healthy cholesterol. This diet plan makes it easy to reduce weight without falling prey to the kind of illnesses associated with drastic crash diets because its main emphasis is on a healthy lifestyle. In the first phase, the diet comprises of 1200 calorie meals, beyond which it is increased to 1400 calories.
South Beach Diet
This diet aims to create an overall change in the food you intake, so that it encourages the loss of weight naturally. It works through the elimination of bad carbohydrates from your everyday diet, determined through your GI index and glycemic load to determine what’s bad for You. It also encourages the limitation of bad saturated fats and the conversion to mono-unsaturated ones. Typical diet plans follow the following structure:
- Breakfast: Spinach, smoked salmon, ham and eggs, cup of tea or coffee.
- Lunch: Salads of leafy greens with scallops, shrimp and low-cal, low-sugar fluids.
- Dinner: Grilled lean meats or fish, perhaps even roast pork with vegetables and salad.
- Desserts: Desserts are welcome as long as you keep the sugar and calorie limited (ricotta cheesecake is fine).
- Snacks: Turkey roll ups, roasted chickpeas.
Now that you know a lot more about the most reliable weight loss diets than you did a few minutes back, take a moment to quickly analyze as to which diet syncs well with your weight loss aims, and fits the bill in terms of convenience, availability of ingredients, and other factors. Don’t hesitate from exploring the intricacies of any diet plan that appeals to you.
Let’s move on and read about the best drinks to accompany your healthy meals.
8 Belly Flattening Drinks to Help with Weight Loss
Grass fed cows that have been raised without any artificial antibiotics and fertilizers give antibiotic-free milk, and that’s a fact. The lesser the number of artificial chemicals in your milk, the better its quality: and that’s what helps you on your weight loss saga. Now how exactly does milk help you lose weight? Higher levels of Omega-3 fatty acids and increased Conjugated Linoleic acid means more health benefits for you (and slimmer and flatter abs too!)
While we’re all aware of the necessity for water, the best way of getting rid of toxics and metabolic wastes is through detox water. Essentially, it’s just water that has cucumber slices, strawberry slices, apple slices, orange slices, and other fruits incorporated in it. Detox water not only helps you feel less bloated, it has the added advantage of naturally letting your body let go of those fatty elements. Besides, it also keeps you feeling more full and energized after exercise sessions so you don’t feel the impulse to binge eat right after an exhaustive workout session.
Natural and organic tea has herbal and medicinal properties, and that makes it such an essential part of any weight loss program. It adds minimal number of calories to your diet – as long as you don’t feel tempted to add cream and sugar to it – while helping you decrease your body fat content. You have the polyphenols in the tea to thank for such weight and fat losses, especially the catechin content that slows down the metabolism and thereby reduces your urge to eat extra weight. This is especially recommended if you’re trying to maintain your lean body mass.
Mango smoothies are a great way of jumpstarting your metabolism and also losing a few calories, despite sounding like such a paradox. A good recipe for this is 1/4c mango cubes, ¼ cup mashed avocado, ¼ cup fat-free greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice, 1 Tbsp sugar, ½ cup unsweetened mango juice (natural preferred), and a couple of ice cubes. Whizz this in your blender for a couple of minutes and you’ll have a surprisingly good mango smoothie in no time! Calorie content in this is around 289 calories for the perfect morning breakfast on-the-go.
Caffeine has always had a long term relationship with weight loss, but it is surprisingly underrated for its benefits. Indeed, caffeine can have a really positive effect on your health and weight loss program. First, black coffee provides you with your morning kick-start mechanism without the added calories from milk, cream or sugar. Secondly, it packs in very few calories by itself and thereby helps you save nearly 75,000 calories every year if you are a regular coffee consumer. Thirdly, it is scientifically proven that coffee consumption leads to lower body weight than when it comes to other higher calorie or fat rich diets.
Iced Peppermint Tea
One of the best picks for a low-calorie belly slimming drink is the iced peppermint tea. Not only is it extremely refreshing, it is compatible with nearly any diet plan that you choose. This tea works especially well if you alternate it with some oolong and green tea. Like most other drinks, it’s not a miracle cure but rather helps you consume less number of calories than you would otherwise, replacing more high-calorie alternatives in your diet such as coca cola. Additionally, it also boosts your digestive system and keeps you more fit naturally. Instead of icing the drink, we recommend cooling it naturally to prevent those extra calories from the ice cubes.
Watermelon smoothies are a really great way of reducing weight and excess fats, and not to mention absolutely delicious in those long summer months. This low-calorie drink packs in a punch with its Vitamic C content, amino acids such as arginine and electrolyte-rich contribution to your diet. Adding coconut milk to watermelon is a good option, but if you’re looking for the lowest-calorie option then just blend in some watermelon (de-seeded) in the blender with some ice cubes for an easy option. You could add some beets and strawberries for added benefits but it’s purely optional.
Dark Chocolate Shake
We saved the best for the last: and before you dismiss this as an Onion article, hear us out. A dark chocolate shake not only tastes amazing, it has all it takes to get you to a flatter stomach too. Dark chocolate is amazing for reducing food-induced cravings, and because it gives you nearly 400 calories, it counts as a meal in itself. Skip ordinary milk and use either skim or soy milk, vanilla flavored yogurt, and dark chocolate chips to make that perfect smooth glass of chocolate-induced nirvana. Who said you couldn’t eat your way to good health?
So, which drinks are you going to experiment with now? You might want to leave the thinking to some other time, because we’ve brought together some awesome healthy snacks recipes for you to adopt into your DIY weight loss program.
Healthy Snack Hacks to Fight Food Cravings in a Healthy Manner for Weight Loss
Summer Ideal Mixed Berry Popsicle
Yield: 6 servings.
- 150 grams of blueberries.
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice
- 375 grams of raspberries
- Mint leaves
- A cup and a half of carbonated water (seltzer)
- 2 table spoons of light acacia or any other floral honey (light)
- In 6 moulds, lay both the raspberries and blueberries and mint leaves. Flatten them down.
- In a cup, mix all the liquids i.e., the lemon juice, acacia or honey and the carbonated water together. Stir softly till the honey completely dissolves.
- Gently pour the mix in the moulds over those mint and berries. (Make sure to leave half an inch of unfilled at the crown as each of the pops will expand and they require space for that.)
- Refrigerate till they set. Serve.
Fresh and Hot Carrot Muffins
Yield: 8 servings.
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 table spoon of green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup of unshelled lump crabmeat
- 4 teaspoons of mayonnaise
- Cut the boiled eggs in half vertically.
- Take out the yolks and put them in a bowl
- Smash these yolks and mix it with mustard and mayonnaise
- Add the green onions
- Place a spoonful of this mixture on the egg whites cut in half.
- Finish off with the crabmeat on the top of it.
Cheesy Treat – Caprese Stacks
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients You Require:
- 2 light split English muffins of 100 calories
- 4 teaspoons of bruschetta spread of sun dried tomatoes
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 8 thin slices of a medium tomato
- ¼ cup of basil leaves
- Toast the muffins in a preheated broiler till they turn slightly brown and crispy
- Place 2 slices of tomato on each of the muffin halves, placed on baking sheet.
- Top these with a slice of cheese and a spoonful of the bruschetta spread.
- Broil them till the cheese melts and start bubbling. Finish off with basil leaves on the top of the muffin stacks and serve.
Quick Vegetables and Almond Butter Dip/ Sauce
Yield: 1 serving.
Ingredients You Require:
- 2 cups of cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of bell pepper, sliced
- ¾ cup of baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons of almond butter
- 1 table spoon of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of peanuts
- Mix orange juice, vinegar and almond butter in a bowl and stir till it becomes smooth. Top it off with peanuts. Accompany with veggies.
Ready in 5 Cheesy Lemon and Pepper Dip
Yields: 1 serving.
Ingredients You Require:
- 1 cup of cottage cheese, fat-free
- Half a cup of baby carrots
- Half a teaspoon of no salt lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese with lemon-pepper seasoning
- Serve the baby carrots with the dip
Cool Delight Raspberry-Apple Smoothie
Yield: 1 serving.
Ingredients You Require:
- Half a cup of raspberries.
- Half a cup of peeled and chopped apple
- ¾ cup of almond milk, sugar-free
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 table spoon of psyllium powder, ground
- Blend raspberries, almond milk, apple, psyllium powder and ice cubes together. Once it gets smooth in consistency, pour in a glass and serve cold.
Filling and Fat-free Fruit and Spice Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Yield: 4 servings.
Ingredients You Require:
- ¾ cup of steel-cut oats
- Half a cup of dates or dried figs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 large cooking apple
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- In a medium pan, boil two and a half cups of water. Add oats to it and salt to taste.
- Simmer and cook for 15 minutes while infrequently stirring.
- Add apples, honey, dates, ginger and pumpkin pie spice to it. Cook with the lid on till oats are tender but slightly crunchy for another 15 minutes.
- Finish off with extra chopped apple and serve hot.
Crispy Bliss- Kale Chips
Yield: 4 servings.
Ingredients You Require:
- A bunch of washed kale
- 3 cups of kale cut into 2 inch pieces without ribs.
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Flip in the kale in olive oil and season with salt
- Lay it on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated (325 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake till the kale is crispy. Avoid making them brown. Serve.
There you have it; stay fit.