An Interview with Fitness Trainer Holta Lami
Welcome to the another interview from the Fitness Spotlight series. Today, we have interviewed one of most popular fitness trainer Holta Lami from AL Albania. So without wasting much of your time, let’s take a look at things Holta has to say about FITNESS.
1. In your own words, define Fitness?
Fitness is the way to perform and build a healthy body and lifestyle. Is the routine that every human have to live and attributes that people have to achieve for live longer and young.
2. Why and when did you decide to become a fitness trainer?
I decide to become a fitness trainer when people wanted to know more about my workout routine and my shape body and they were motivated and wanted to change also their lifestyle and their body. After my winning of gold Medaille in the national competition in category Bodyfitness, I started to motivate and become a fitness trainer.
3. Are you CPR-certified? What other certifications do you hold?
I’m still not CPR certified but I hold the certification of top 4 and top 5 Balkan championship 2016/2017. Also as a personal trainer, I’m the certified national category.
4. How do you keep your fitness training knowledge up to date?
I keep my fitness training knowledge through my world athletes that already update every training knowledge. For example, bodybuilders write and give a lot of daily information in social media through YouTube videos and posts they write about.
5. Describe your typical day. What it looks like? How do you know when it’s productive?
My typical day is: I wake up very early and start with my cardio than a healthy breakfast with eggs and oats. Then I go straight to my clients to exercise and coach them. I have lunch and after I workout with my personal fitness trainer, Marcel Vangjeli, Balkan champ in Bodybuilding category of 90kg. I rest and every day I’m in the gym to exercise and motivate people. U always find me in the gym.
6. What experience do you have with customer service? Describe how you handle customer service situations involving difficult fitness center members or prospective members.
I have always a great experience with customer service. A lot of people come to me to ask me how I build my body or want to have advice about food or gym exercises. The people admire me and spot me and are around me when I train.
7. How important is nutrition to you in creating a client’s regimen?
The nutrition is the main importance regime. Is one of the important things.
8. What is the one habit you would recommend others develop? (Think lifestyle habits, productivity habits, or drinking some secret ninja tea made from a flower found only at the top of the mountain.)
People think is easy and some think is difficult. The life itself is not complicated. The only secret to keep is just to have this lifestyle as a routine! I mean u don’t need to drink or eat something that others don’t but u have to build each component that is the best way for your healthy life. I want to say that u don’t need to give up eating hamburger or chips. You don’t need a magical energy to be strong. You have just to be yourself and live yourself how you are. If u want to change yourself it must begin from the mind. You have to train first your mind and love yourself! There is s great start! Everyone needs that! You can’t be a pro if you’re not a beginner. You can’t love yourself if you’re not knowing yourself!
9. Describe how you handle a client who is unhappy with your work, or a client who doesn’t achieve her goals, when you know the problem is with her level of motivation.
A kind of clients are unhappy not because they don’t achieve their goals but because they already know that they didn’t respect the nutrition diet and come confused to train. I know that and immediately keep in mind if they respect or not the nutrition diet But already they always come to gym very motivated and love be spotted from me and workout together!
10. What are your thoughts about organic food?
Organic food is healthy and most best food.
11. What are your thoughts on a vegan diet?
The vegan diet is not my lifestyle and I don’t recommend people to do it! Human need everything already nature is builded in the kettle that we need to eat meat and proteins.
12. When you encounter a client or prospective fitness club member who is committed to a diet that differs from your own, how do you remain objective?
I give to every client their own diet based on blood type and their routine life. How many calories they burn in a day. Every human body is different from each other.
14. Give me an overview of a training program you would set up for a client strictly looking for weight loss and toning?
A lot of cardio core workout and a lot of Crossfit and calculating that the calories he/she burns must be higher with the calories it must be taken.
15. What do you tell clients who are looking for instant results?
It can’t be done. U can’t change your body in a very short time. The body needs time to change!
16. Do you have fitness goals for yourself? If so, what are they?
I would like to be a motivation for the people and want to be a PRO Athlete of IFBB in my category.
17. If you could only recommend one book for our community to read, what would it be and why?
“The secret”. This is the book I already read and was very motivational.
18. Where does your personal motivation and inspiration to be successful come from?
It comes from athletes that I every day see in social media how hard they work to build their body in the highest professional levels to come on stage in best form. This motivates me and the objective of being on stage in the best form and show my work in my body motivate me much. The success comes from itself. It’s just yourself vs you that achieve and challenge!
19. Give me three essential exercises you suggest for all clients? Why are these in your top three?
Doing cardio, Crossfit and core exercises. They hold you fit and healthy! Go to the gym, lift and eat healthy!
20. How should people connect with you? E.g.: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, email, website, etc.
I just have Instagram where people can watch my daily life and be motivated: @h.p._ifbb_athlete
21. Where are you located? Please include city + state + country (if outside the US).
I’m in Tirana located capital-city of AL Albania.